Proudly, SamTech’s CEO, Samir I. Abdul Hadi received the certificate where the Dubai Chamber awards SamTech Middle East with the CSR Label.
About the Label…
As the Dubai business community and its stakeholders mature in their understanding and practice of CSR, a simple tool was needed to communicate a company’s commitment to operating responsibly and to celebrate its success in doing so. This is why the Dubai Chamber CSR Label was created.
A company getting the Label indicates that it has done consistent and significant work in CSR and will continue to develop it further. The Label provides a free diagnostic framework that helps a company assess its current CSR contribution and to decide what more can be done. It is also a learning and development tool that helps companies to define and improve their CSR strategy, policies and management practices.
The Dubai Chamber CSR Label is tailored to the Middle East, specifically to the UAE and Dubai, and is based on international standards and best practices. It seeks to assist companies by providing:
- A clear voluntary standard for incorporating CSR into business practice in Dubai and the UAE.
- Review, evaluation and feedback of a company’s CSR strategy and actions.
- A better communication of their CSR commitments and practices to stakeholders.
The Dubai Chamber CSR Label contributes towards building a more responsible and sustainable business community. The companies have their CSR initiatives and practices formally recognized when they get the label and that adds value to their reputation and market acceptance.
Benefits of Achieving the Dubai Chamber CSR Label
- The Label is a diagnostic tool that will help you identify key areas of risk and opportunity in terms of managing your business’ social and environmental impacts.
- Completing the assessment will enable your company to understand its approach to CSR.
- Gathering your company’s data to complete the assessment will provide an internal audit of current CSR activity. Companies often find that this type of review reveals that they are doing more than they previously thought.
- The results and CRB feedback report of the assessment will clearly show the road ahead by identifying areas of strength and areas for improvement. The Dubai Chamber CSR Label will enable your company to get external recognition for its current CSR activities.