“Neither fire nor wind nor death can erase our good deeds.” Buddha
In partnership with World Food Program “WFP” & Dubai Chamber “Sustainability Network group” to fight world hunger and under the umbrella of “Eat & Feed”, an initiative from Al Aroud Group to provide food assistance to families in need in the Middle East, SamTech participated in Rice Bowl Challenge.
Rice Bowl Challenge is a call for corporations to replace their lunch with a bowl of rice for a day. The campaign will engage employees through active communication and information on the impact of hunger.
Based on recent studies;
- 842 million people in the world do not have enough to eat. This number has fallen by 17 percent since 1990.
- One in eight people do not get enough food to be healthy and lead an active life.
- 66 million primary school-age children attend classes hungry across the developing world.
The cooperation and enthusiasm were outstanding when we shared the initiative with our team. The donation took place for 2 days started on October 16th and ended on October 19th.
The funds collected as part of the Rice Bowl Challenge will help WFP provide food assistance to families in need wherever most needed in the Middle East. Here is the possible impact an individual donation may have:
- 1 dirham may feed a child a nutritious meal
- 200 dirhams may provide school meals to an underprivileged child for an entire school year
- 300 dirhams may provide emergency food assistance to a Syrian family for a month
SamTech team succeeded in collecting money to;
- Provide school meals to 6 underprivileged children for an entire school year.
- Provide emergency food assistance to One Syrian family for a month.
We are proud of our team and their achievement. We are aiming for bigger impact next year.